Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Someone Broke In

I went on a bike ride with a friend this morning. Maggie has lost the privilege of staying in the house while I work out...she chewed her last sandal, so she had to go out in the back. Sally came with me in a basket Clint put on the front of my bike for our Moab trip. I wanted to help her get used to sitting in it. I got back from the ride and when I got close to the house I could see the front door was open. I was trying to replay leaving the house in my mind and I was sure I shut the front door. I was walking up slowly and with caution...

then Maggie's head pops out the front door, so then I start trying to remember if I locked the back door. I go in the house and the back door is locked. I walk in the back yard and see her new escape hole. She dug a hole under the fence and then ran to the front of the house and opened the door. Nothing was going to keep her out of the house. Luckily the remotes, shoes, clothing, cords, and food all survived.

Maggie's escape hole that has now been filled in with rocks. She doesn't dig very deep, she is able to squeeze her body through shallow holes.

Digging out is hard work.

While my parents were in town we celebrated my dad's birthday. We left for a couple of hours and when we came home I looked in the cake box to find this...Sally had snuck up on the table and taste tested the cake. It was still REALLY good...Sally thought so too.

This is a common scene in our living room. Spoiled pets. No wonder Maggie doesn't think she belongs outside.

Sally and Maggie approve of our new PillowSac.

Terminator in turn has taken over the dog bed.

We may be dog people, but that cat sure seems comfy.

No comments: