Friday, January 29, 2010

Ryann's Room

My goal is to make Ryann one blanket before she is born. I went and picked up and couple fabrics, figured out a simple design and started to sew. This blanket will be big enough that we can cover ourselves while we are rocking her in the chair. The dots are the middle of the blanket with the green minky on the sides. The brown minky is the back. All that is left to do is sew the front to the back, so it's looking good that it will be done before she is born.
A close up of the brown minky. I fell in love with the hearts instead of the typical dots and knew it had to be part of her blanket.
While I was at work Clint put up the shelf and put her name on it. Decorating the wooden letters for her name was the first project I completed after getting the room painted.
The curtain rod, the perfect amount of girl.
I was looking on Etsy.com (one of my favorite websites) and I found these cute butterflies that I had to have for Ryann's room. Just a hint of yellow butterflies. They turned out even better than I imagined. The picture really makes the butterflies stand out on the closet doors, but they are a little more sutle in person.
I feel Ryann's kicks all the time now but once I have seen it. On Monday I was laying on my bed with a bare belly and I saw and felt my belly move right by my belly button. I haven't had any other hard enough kicks to be felt from the outside. It was pretty fun to see my belly move.
I have my 24 week appointment in about a week...lets hope I pass my Glucose Tolerance Test!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable, Nicole!!!

Amy J said...

Oh, to have a girl and be able to decorate like that! Very cute!

The Smiths said...

So so so cute! I know I am a little late on commenting on this but better too late than never. You have done a great job and the blanket you are making her looks like it is going to be so cute. You should make custom names for people and sell them. You do such a good job and they are so cute! Oh and that was pretty funny what Maggie did to you today! Locking you out. I guess that is what you get for always putting her out in the cold. :)