Friday, May 1, 2009

Mother's Day Contest

I got an email from my mom for a mother's day contest for a hair makeover that she was intrested in. I put it off for a couple days and then finally during my spare minutes here and there I pieced together an entry for her. It's not the best, but I sure hope it gets her to win, she deserves it!

I have no recollection of any near death situations or life altering traumatic events, but that is what makes my mother so wonderful. That just means that she was always there to watch over me and keep me from harm. There was always a paper sack lunch for school, an "after school snack," and bed time stories. She taught me to sew and helped me sew three formal gowns for high school dances. She taught me responsibility, how to love, and how to be a strong woman. My mom made me who I am today.
When I was about four years ol I split my chin open jumping from couch arm to couch arm. In the ER I screamed and cried for my mommy but they did not like to let parients in while stitching up kids because they usually would become more hysterical. When they let my mom come in, I calmed down. That is what my mom is to me, a constant comfort. She is there to guide me through my hard and painful trials and to love me no matter what I do. I have since gotten married and moved to another state, but I keep close to my mom and she stills gives me the same comfort as she did when I was screaming int he ER at four years old.

I love you mom!!! xo





No comments: