Saturday, April 30, 2011

Texas-Safari

Melissa, my mom, me and the kids went to a drive through safari. When you first drive in you can get buckets of food and feed some of the animals that walk right up to your car.

I thought Ryann would be a little freaked out by it all, but to my surprise she was climbing over Justin to get into the action.
She even touched some of the animals that I fed.
The emus were right up to your bucket digging away, but up close they just freaked me out.
and they made a huge mess. I was so scared the emu would peck my finger instead of the food.
This guy was my favorite. So calm.Ryann petted him.Then all the kids got a pony ride. I at first just had Ryann sit on the pony just so I could get a picture but then the lady told me she could take her for a ride and since she wasn't screaming I let her go.
She seemed to enjoy it, no tears at least, but had quite the death grip when we went to get her down.
There were deer all over the place. Ryann made a new friend.
This deer followed us around like a dog. We fed it the rest of an apple.
Then we went on the tram ride where we fed even more animals.
Ryann decided that it would be a great time to bite me!!! She left little teeth marks in my arm.
Relaxing on Grandma
and feeling Justin's head.
We saw lots of different animals. This big huge guy...
and these adorable cute baby emus. It was a really fun time.

No comments: