Thursday, December 31, 2009

The nursery is painted!!! Christmas day while everyone was napping I went to work at painting my pink wall. Then when Clint got home he put together the crib. I got the touch ups done a couple of days ago so it feels good to have that all done. We got a Lazy Boy Rocking Recliner, so comfortable, one we can definitely fall asleep in. The nursery will probably sit this way for a couple more months, but the painting is done and the crib is up, so for me the big stuff is done.
I'm 19 weeks and I've hit a couple mile stones. I felt my first "flutter" at 15 weeks. I only felt a couple flutters but I have felt lots of nudges. I've felt the first kick of my bladder, though I could go without that one. A couple nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night to feel what I can only think was the baby doing somersaults/taking some laps while there is still room.
On day two of my ultrasound (US #5) we were able to get the final measurements. All those measurements put my due date one day ahead, so now it's May 26th. The ultrasound was all normal. My doctor hasn't looked at it yet, but I pulled it off his desk and looked at it. I can't wait till he gets around to writing what I can read!!!!
I finally got those last couple of pictures of the nursery.
One wall pink (on the left) and the other walls are purple. Very girly!
The crib and recliner
My metal flowers and butterfly. The three flowers will go on the pink wall with the butterfly on one of the purple walls.
I never pictured having a pink and purple nursery but I love it and wouldn't ever change it. I've been told 4 times it's a girl but I still get people who ask "what happens if it's a boy?" Well to all you who wonder....Then that little boy will live in a pink and purple room. I'm not repainting!
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Absolutely adorable! I love it! I can't wait to see the bedding and the finished product. You sure got a lot done in just a couple of weeks. You will be grateful for your recliner! I wish I had one in Kian's room. Thanks again for the fun trip we had with you guys a couple of weeks ago. I am just now getting around to blogging about it. Let us know if you are coming to St. George. We would love to have you.

Unknown said...

The room looks great! Happy New Years, sis. It's a great year to become a mom!