Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Shower

I had my baby shower on Thursday and it turned out great. I believe our child will be the best dressed kid for the next 6 months of her life. Thank you to everyone who helped out and especially to Joyce, Heidi, and Grandma Stewart for helping Jeannie put it all together.
Setting up...had Cafe Rio catered in. YUM!!!
I loved my cakes made by my friend Aleza. They were so great to look at and so good to eat! I'm not usually a fondant icing lover, but Aleza's was so good. It was a butter cream cake with apricot filling.
Delicious three layer chocolate cake with cream and strawberries between the layers and a rich chocolate ribbon around the whole cake.
We played "Guess How Big Ryann is Right Now". There is Heidi reading the results. The top three closest weights were awarded. They were 7.8, 7.12, and 7.10
And the weight was...7 lbs 10 oz!!! (Give or take 18 grams)
Present Time
Love the baby shoes!
A present from a fellow dog lover.
Maci, Hallie, and Rachael helped gather all the presents around me. Earlier in the day Maci excitedly had announced to Clint that she got to go to Nicole's party. At the end of the party she happily gathered decorations to take home with her and was so excited to take home the booties off the top of the cake.My diaper cake from my friend Nicole.
SO CUTE
My cute R handmade by my friend Mary and her daughter Katie. It looks so perfect hanging on Ryann's door. LOVE IT
Thank you everyone for making it a special time for me.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to come! Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of great gifts :)

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time, wish I could have come. I hope you didn't get too many clothes though, cause you have more coming! Did you get a nursing cover up? If not I'll make you one!

sjgreene said...

Isn't it wonderful to have good and loving family and friends! I wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

So sweet! Can't wait to see pics of Ryann wearing all of her girly gear once she arrives! So excited for you three - can't believe she'll be here NEXT WEEK! (I'm a bit jealous, too...) :-)

P.S. LOVE the tutu R door hanger made by Mary. SOOOOOO cute!