Thursday, August 12, 2010

3 Months

Ryann is now 3 months. I'm so sad that she is now is size 2 diapers and is in her 3-6 month clothes. Here are her current measurements:
13 lb 9 oz
23 1/4 inches
That is just an ounce shy of gaining two pounds in one month, and she barely got any longer so she is just getting chunkier. She is laughing and smiling all the time. She is loving her bouncer and is figuring out that when she hits the toys they make noise. She just sits and laughs and smiles at the noises. Ryann is turning into a complete mommy's girl. She has started to fuss when other people hold her and when I get her back she stops crying. I keep telling her she is too young to be so particular but I guess she isn't listening.
About two weeks ago Ryann decided she didn't like her pacifier anymore. She does, instead, love her hands. She sucks on them all the time. I try to pull her hand out of her mouth and replace it with a pacifier...it's a no go. She will take her pacifier here and there, but she prefers her hands.I caught her like this the other day, she put herself to sleep by sucking on her thumb.
I love all the positions she falls asleep in. She has slept through the night a lot in the past couple weeks. When she doesn't sleep through the night she only wakes up once. I feel so spoiled. The down side is she doesn't sleep much at all during the day. She starts to get fussier in the afternoon because she is SO tired. She rubs her eyes and you can see the eyelids getting so heavy but she just doesn't give in. I fear she is taking after her dad, she is going to stop napping at 6 months. She certainly takes after me when it comes to getting hungry, she screams.
She's part mom, part dad, and a whole lot of cute.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I miss her!!! I hate that she is growing up with us to be near her! Give her a kiss for me!

Erin said...

She is so cute! I love the picture of her sucking her hand!!

Amy J said...

She is so cute! I just want to squeeze her!

Ang said...

I love those pictures! What a DOLL!

Unknown said...

She's gorgeous! I can't believe how fast she's growing.