Thursday, August 19, 2010

Backyard

Last summer we found out our backyard went back another 18 feet. That almost doubled the yard! Clint has been so busy working but he finally had 4 days off in a row and he decided to move the fence instead of rest up from working 2 months straight without a day off. I love my hard working husband:) Clint's dad came over one night when he got off work and helped him dig out the post holes. The next day I was going to help Clint get the post in the holes. We got my friend Mary's daughter to come over and watch Ryann for use. Mary's 13 yr old son was home too and in need of something to do so we brought him over to the house too. That turned out to be the best thing we could have ever done. Jayden was great, he held all the post in place and got all the cement dust in his face when Clint dumped it in the hole...basically he did what my job was going to be. Clint got the whole fence pushed back. It looked great. Then the fun part came, Clint rented a Bobcat and cleared out all the weeds and leveled out what dirt we had. I'm so happy to have my WHOLE yard now. Next year, hopefully we will get some fill dirt moved in to bring the yard up a bit and get some grass laid down. Have to start putting money now towards Ryann's swing set. That was the first thing I thought when I heard our yard was bigger than the fence area, Ryann can have swing set!
Knocking down the old fence posts

Maggie gets a ride too
Maggie running from the Bobcat

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man. I wish someone would tell us we get another 18 feet! That's heavenly!