Monday, June 22, 2009

I went crazy

I have no idea what came over me...I think I must have had a mental break down or something along those lines. See how flat that center flower bed is...well it didn't used to be that way. It used to be a hill of dirt. Clint and I have wanted to get it leveled out and move the dirt to the flower bed next to the house to raise that. Clint was going to get a wheelbarrow and do it but I got to it first, without a wheelbarrow. I went to Lowes and they have 6 pack of flowers on sale for $0.99, and they weren't half dead. I couldn't pass up flowers that cheap so I bought 7 packs. I went to plant them and thought, what is the point of planting them when we are just going to move the dirt around. I went and got my 5 gallon bucket out and a shovel and started digging up the dirt. It felt really good to do all that hard work and it was totally worth it. I love looking outside and seeing how nice it looks. I ended up with two blisters on my right hand, burned shoulders and a burnt lower back. My shirt came up a little in the back from all the bending over and I have a burn right there. I didn't even realize it till I got in the shower and saw the little strip of red lower back. It took me about three hours to do it all and get the flowers planted. Now just to get the dogs not to run through the flower...which may just be impossible, so I'll have to enjoy them before they get smashed.



Can you tell anything different about my dinning room?
Clint and I were finally able to get the dryer out of the dinning room that has been there since we moved in. We had some friends buy a house and did not have a washer or a dryer. We got our new washer and so we needed to find a home for both of them and they were more than willing to take them off our hands. We can finally get to our hot water heater. Also I put a strong positive vote for the new Whirlpool Cabrio. That is what we got and it is super nice and really quiet. It's like a front loader except it loads on the top. Unlike the front loader, it doesn't spin all over the place. I definetly suggest the Cabrio to anyone who is looking at a new washer.

There is Terminator helping himself to the dog food. We find him at least once a day with his face in the dog food. The vet told me not to worry about it when I took him in for shots, just to keep the dogs out of the cat food. Little T just thinks he is a dog. He has even started sleeping with us on our bed.




No comments: