Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 vet visits, 4 vomits, and 1 suspicious yellow puddle


In the past three weeks I have gone to the vet three times. First it was for Sally's broken toenail. The next week I took Sally in to get her nails trimmed and to have a lump on Maggie's leg looked at, which turned out to be scar tissue. The vet said the lump was either scar tissue or a BB. We haven't taken Maggie out near any BB guns and nobody better have been shooting at our dog, so we are assuming it is scar tissue. Then this week I had to take Maggie to the vet. We took the dogs up the mountain on Monday. They were riding in the bed of the truck and apparently some paint thinner spilled. We didn't notice till we stopped and immediately took the dogs to a puddle and washed off their paws. We are pretty sure they stepped in it. Maggie acted fine Tuesday but when I woke up Wednesday she was licking her paws. I tried putting dog anti-itch cream on it but by the time I got home she was not even walking on her paw. Into the vet we go again. The vet couldn't find anything in her paw but could see that she was starting to lick her paw raw. He sent us home with a steroid cream, anti-inflammatory/pain pills, and a cone to keep her from licking it. Maggie is NOT happy with me. Last night we put a dog shoe on her foot, well I woke up in the morning and she had chewed it off. Before I went to work today she got another shoe on her foot and the cone around her neck. We will see if everything survived while we were at work. Maggie will be extra happy to see Clint today since she is so mad at me.

The vomit...I woke up this morning and within three hours had cleaned up three piles of vomit. We think either the pain pill upset Maggie's stomach or when she chewed off the shoe she licked the steroid cream and that upset her. The fourth pile luckily made it outside. Then I walked into the guest bedroom and found a suspicious dried yellow puddle...either Sally or Terminator pee, not enough to be Maggie's. That was sure a fun morning.

No comments: