Monday, June 15, 2009

Tripod and a ladder

Poor Sally, she is a three legged dog. Wednesday she was outside playing with Maggie and Maggie rolled her. She hit our cement curbing just right and she broke a nail down at the base. Of course the quick was bleeding like crazy and she was crying. Clint held her down and I put a good pressure wrapping on her. I don't know how to treat a dog, but I know how to treat a person, so I treated her that way. It was bleeding way too much to try any of the QuickStop stuff that I would normally use if I just cut her nail too short. I took her to the vet the next day to at least get the nail trimmed off and then whatever else they felt they needed to do. The vet cleaned it up and turns out that it was still hanging on pretty good so they didn't cut it. Sally was pretty upset over the whole ordeal and she pooped on the table while he was cleaning it up her foot. The vet put her on an antibiotic and pain pills. If the nail keeps breaking and doesn't heal then they will have to surgically remove the nail. So far it has been going good. She does tend to walk on three paws when she is outside or going up or down stairs. She's our little tripod or we call her Hobbles too.
Maggie has learned a new trick. She can climb up the ladder. Clint put a ladder next the fence and jumped over. Maggie's total want and need for him made her make a few steps up it. She didn't get more than a couple steps off the ground with her back feet. Then I got behind her and moved her paws up one step and then she did the rest herself and jumped over the fence. We now just have to be sure not to leave any ladders up. I really think it was her total devotion to Clint that encouraged her to do it.

Clint bought me an early birthday present. He got me a new bike. It's a Trek Navigator 2.0, that's a picture of it. I love it. I have just been riding one of his old mountain bikes and he took that back for him to ride around town on. He just took me to the bike store and had me sit on a couple bikes he knew I had been eyeing. I liked this one the best and next thing I know he is buying it for me and a green water bottle. I love you Clint! Thanks you, I love my bike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor thing! Make sure you scratch her good for me.

And yay for new beautiful bike and water bottle! It's lovely!