Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update

Today Clint stopped into my work at the end of the day. Since my OB is one of the doctors at the clinic we had him try to find the babies heart beat. Well...WE HEARD IT!!! There is so much comfort in that sound. I feel like I can start to relax a little bit.
As far as how I am feeling, I am surviving. I have only thrown up three times, I'm turning out to be more of a dry heaver. With each week I am getting a little bit better and a little less nauseated and dry heaving a little less. I've sworn off eating meat for the time being. I eat meat and then I throw up. I'm not liking chocolate right now, the sweetest thing I eat right now are fruit popsicles. The one issue I'm having with this baby is that he/she doesn't like Cafe Rio!!! Those of you who know me know I love my Cafe Rio and have loved that they put one in Vernal. Hoping all that changes with the close arrival of my second trimester.
Food smells haven't really bothered me. The only food I have found that I can't stand the smell of is bacon. Ground beef is a close second but I'm still okay with it...just don't make me eat it. It is more the body odor and perfume smells that get to me. I have officially switched to unscented deodorant and I'm using Crest Kids Sparkle Fun flavor toothpaste. My mint toothpaste cause a reshowing of some Honey Nut Cheerios. My nice Bath and Body Works hand soaps are being replaced with generic as unscented as I can get soaps. I hope the day does not come that I have to find unscented body wash and shampoo.
The fatigue is not as bad anymore. I am still ready for bed about 8 pm, but I'm not feeling like I need 10-12 hours of sleep every night. This past weekend I managed to summon the motivation to get working on the nursery. I now have the closet emptied out and all the stuff that needed to go in the crawl space has found its home and the baby stuff I have gotten so far as found its way into the nursery. I'm excited for December when my sister-in-law Jenny comes out so she can help me decorate the nursery.
With work I feel so blessed that I haven't had to call in sick. I had the fun experience when I was about 6weeks of getting rather large splinter in my thumb. It was in my right thumb and I was home alone so I drove over to work to have it taken out. Well the PA back in Urgent Care cut the skin above it and was able to get it out. Turns out it was deeper than it looked. Well, I can always watch things be done to me and I'm just fine...not this time. I almost passed out in the chair. After that I have been a little worried about helping with procedures, but I have been fine so far. Haven't had to help with any toenail removals or huge mole removals, so just have to wait and see how I tolerate those. I'm not even going to try and help with a vasectomy.
Things seem to be moving along great for us. We were excited to hear the comfort of our baby's heart beat. Just keep praying everything continues to move along fine. My doctor finds out the gender at 17 weeks, so we will find that out the week before Christmas!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you're getting farther along. I felt like I could have been reading out of my journal--I had all the same food/smell aversions that you have!!

Becky said...

Hearing the heartbeat is amazing.... it does make it feel so real.... then it only gets more real when you find out the gender and see the pictures.... that is crazy! Congrats!

Kandice said...

Glad things are going great!!! and all that talk of being nauseous makes me feel sick all over again...and Im not even pregnant!

Erin said...

That's so exciting. Sounds like the pregnancy is going pretty well. Can't wait to find out what it is! Keep me posted!

Jenny said...

I might be even more excited than you to help you decorate the nursery!!! Yeah...so excited to see you guys.

Unknown said...

glad to hear things are going well-the heartbeat is just so magical to hear!! I'm so excited for you! Keep feeling better!
-melissa