Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Your hormones are showing

So I feel like for the most part I have been able to keep my hormones in check and not have too many emotional outbursts. Well that was until yesterday. I've had this pain in my left side that my doctor told me he is sure I have a corpus luteum cyst. Another one happened to flare up yesterday morning, yeah for constant pain. On top of the constant pain, I was also having a bad dry heaving day. Needless to say that within a couple hours at work it ended up with me in the bathroom in tears. Well the hormonal sadness morning was eventually taken over by anger. Had a patient go up to the front desk 15 minutes after her scheduled time and ask if they had forgotten to check her in. That patient went in the room that smelled like stinky diaper. Then at the end of the day I get a phone call from the hospital that they need the order faxed over for a patient's sleep study test. Okay that's fine, I can manage getting that over. Well, fifteen minutes later she calls back and apparently is really rude to the front desk and then all sweet and nice to me saying she hasn't gotten it yet, I know your busy, will you please get that over. Woman, if you needed it so quickly then at the beginning of the day you would have gone through your appointments for the day and made sure you had all the orders for them. Being hormonal I went to fax the order, and I continued to fax it five times in a row. I know, very childish. I let my hormones take over me. I was at least able to bit my tongue during my stupid phone calls. Though any sympathy I may have usually had in my voice was definitely not there. Don't care that you can only get to the pharmacy that minute and don't have enough pills for the night...not my fault, it will get taken care of at the end of the day when the doctor isn't seeing patients. Apparently pain and hormones are not a good mix for me.
On a really good note, Clint found an awesome deal on a Trek baby jogger. We were going to get one eventually and we could get this one for like a 5th of the price so he picked it up. YEAH! I'm excited for it.
Thursday I will be in my second trimester. I'm hoping that over the next couple weeks I will start to feel better. I have been very slowly improving, but I would like to feel closer to normal...as close to normal as I am going to feel while growing a baby. I will come out of my first trimester lighter than before I got pregnant. My doctor says I'm fine, so as long as he says I'm fine then I will not worry.
I made Sally a new dog bed on Sunday, no pictures yet. She has outgrown her old bed so I took some fabric I had hanging around, an old fleece blanket, and the stuffing from her old bed and made a new one. Basically I made a pillow with the fabric and then a cover with with fleece blanket. Sally enjoys crawling under blankets and pillows so I put an extra piece of fleece on it so that she has like an attached blanket to hide and snuggle under. She seems to like her bed....and of course Maggie does too.
Clint had Maggie in the back of his truck at the store this past weekend. He says that sirens went down the street, various police ambulance, etc. Then there is Maggie in the back and she starts howling away. Didn't know she was a howler. Wish I could have been there to hear her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooo! I love your jogger!