Friday, November 27, 2009

Maggie's Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving at Clint's parent's house. Clint had to work but I went up in the morning with the dogs to help where needed. I enjoyed Thanksgiving and even got to eat a little turkey, but poor Maggie, she had a rough day. First she got snapped in the eye with a toy. She was pulling it out of my hand, it was a slingshot frog, and it snapped her in the eye. Then she was following Sally behind an end table and knocked Jeannie's Scentsy over. The wax ended up on her shoulder and down a leg. Luckily the wax doesn't get very hot. But she had an experience that topped it all. Deer are always going through the yard. We don't let Maggie chase them, but she still tries. I let her out to go to the bathroom and then I saw her start to run. I step out the door and see her just a few feet away from a doe. Well that deer wasn't taking any crap, she turned and started to chase Maggie. Luckily Maggie got away unharmed. Now Maggie is happily snoozing away on the couch, sleeping off the events of Thanksgiving, probably dreaming of chasing deer.

No comments: