Friday, May 28, 2010

2 Week Check

Ryann had her two week check yesterday. Her current measurements are:
9 lb 3 oz
21 inches
She is a healthy, chunky baby. She is a really good baby too. She's on a schedule of eating every two hours and then at night she only wakes me up one or two times a night. She only cries when she is hungry or gassy. I feel so lucky to have such an easy going baby. I'm just hoping that she stays this way. Ryann is turning towards our voices and starting to spend a little more time awake after she eats. She is picking her head up more and more. Her cord fell off Sunday so it is nice to be able to fully submerge her for bath time and not have her go so hysterical.
A couple days ago I brought up all my pre-pregnancy clothes. I started pulling some of my pants on and they actually fit!!! Then yesterday at Ryann's appointment I stepped on the scale. To my surprise, and excitement, I weighed less than when I got pregnant. Don't ask me how, but I'll take it. Now just to lose the extra weight I needed to lose before I got pregnant. I'm now off all my diabetes medication. It feels so good to not have to deal with that and to be done pricking my finger. I'm feeling like myself again, just now with a baby.
Nathan's girlfriend made this cute Kimono for Ryann...
with matching shoes
Spending time with daddy and Maggie

2 comments:

Penni said...

Ryann is such a cutie! I am hating you right now for being able to fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes! Good for you though on losing the weight already...I can tell it's definately harder to get back to prepregnancy weight (if I ever will at all) after baby #2. It's annoying when I don't have any clothes that fit!

Unknown said...

She's already 2 weeks old!? Time flies. Is Kelly coming soon to take pictures? If so I'll send the cover up with her. If not I should get it in the mail!