Monday, May 17, 2010

6 Days Old

Today Ryann had her "5 day" check at the doctor's office. I'm glad that the clinic does these because being a first time mom I have to say I had myself over worried about a couple things. All is well with Ryann. I was worried about her cord, it was oozing and had been bleeding a little...of course it was okay. She had a little jaundice when she left the hospital but not enough to treat so I was told to just watch it. I watched it and naturally worried about it. She did have to go have her heel pricked to have her billirubin level checked. I should be hearing soon on those results and will go back again tomorrow to make sure they are coming down. Ryann's measurements for today were:
Weight: 8 lb 11 oz
Length: 19 inches
Her weight puts her in the 90% percentile (are we at all surprised), length 50% percentile, and her head circumference was 75% percentile (I didn't get the measurement on her head). She is a chunk and we love every ounce of her.
Ryann enjoyed her first 4-wheeler ride on Saturday with her dad. Not even a week old and she has had a bike and 4-wheeler ride.Sunday she got her first bath at home. She had a nice ripe diaper and then while I was changing her she managed to pee all over so I decided that it was time for a bath. She did really well, of course she cried but she didn't scream as much as I had expected. Peacefully sleeping before the torture begins.
Eyes open...and crossed
Tongue out
Ryann found her fingers. She comforted herself by sucking her middle finger.

6 comments:

Kandice said...

Oh those cheeks are just precious. She is so cute. We need to come see her again!

Amy J said...

She really is sooo cute! And it's only natural you should worry, as a mom! : )

Ang said...

She is SO precious! I am glad to hear all went well with the delivery. We will have to do a "play date" with our little ones when we make it out next.

melissa said...

That finger-sucking pic is so cute! How the heck did she shrink 1.5 inches though? :) And we were not surprised to see her and daddy and the 4 wheeler :) Try not too worry to much mommy! :)

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

Her cone head has already gone down. Plus at the hospital they really stretch them out to get the most accurate length. They stretched her out at the clinic, I think it was all in her cone head.

Erin said...

She is beyond precious! So happy for you guys :)