Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Day-37 weeks and 5 days

I had my last appointment today. There is the big belly. This time when Dr. Anderson measured my belly he said, "Wow". Yup, I had grown two more centimeters in one week. There is no slowing down the growth of this baby. Today I was dilated to a two and he stripped my membranes. He told me he was just expecting my amniocentesis to come back all fine so he had already called down to OB and told them be expecting me tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM, the results of the amnio should be back early early in the morning. He will have them start me on Pitocin when I get there. Then once my contracts are steady and good then he will come down and break my water.
After my doctor's appointment I headed over to the hospital to have my amniocentesis done. I got all registered for that and for delivery tomorrow. The technician did an ultrasound to find the area with the most fluid. The ultrasound showed that my belly is almost all baby. Then the Radiologist comes in and he numbed up the area with the most fluid. Of course this makes Ryann move so he has to find a new spot and numb me again. That time she held still and he got the fluid he needed. I didn't watch but Jeannie was with me and she said you could see on the ultrasound the pocket of fluid getting smaller and smaller. For me the worst part wasn't the poke of the numbing needle, or the numbing medication going it, it was actually the pressure of all the fluid in that spot on my belly. I didn't feel the actual procedure at all. Now to await the results. I'll call before we make the trip down there to make sure the results are all okay and her lungs are developed. Tomorrow we should get to finally meet Ryann!

4 comments:

The Smiths said...

Yay! Good luck and take it easy. Let me know if you want me to come and take her pictures.

Kandice said...

Im so excited for you guys!!! I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

Amy J said...

Wow...how exciting! Good luck. Hope to see pictures once you get settled down.

Enrique,Mariah,Boston and Roman said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see her. From her ultrasound pics she looks like she's going to be a doll! I hope all goes well! Love Ya!