Friday, March 12, 2010

Like That Will Happen

My OB came up to me the other day at lunch and asked me how my sugars and weight gain were going. I told him and he seemed really please. Well I got to thinking about it and realized I hadn't factored in the fact that I had lost 3 pounds after finding out I had gestational diabetes. I went to him the next day and told him. He tells me, well you are doing everything you can, eating right, getting exercise, and taking your medication. Then he says, "My only goal right now is to get you to stop worrying about it." Yeah right, get a pregnant woman to stop worrying...good luck with that one!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AMEN! I felt like I had to apologize (as a labor & delivery nurse who deals with them all the time) at my 6 week post-partum check that I became the overly anxious multip! How perfect too that your previous post is entitled "worry wart!" Good luck Nicole! I'm very excited for you!

sjgreene said...

As a mother you never stop worrying whether they are in the womb or adults on their own. Worry is just part of being a mother I think it is turned on at conception.