Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Official Report

The official ultrasound report is in...

Head Circumference: 28.5 cm-31 weeks 3 days
Abdominal Circumference: 29.0cm-33 weeks 0 days
Femur Length-5.8cm: 30 weeks 4 days
Estimated Fetal Weight: 1859 grams +/- 272 grams
Single, life intrauterine gestation with an estimated sonographic age of 31 weeks 4 days, which is 13 days greater than that predicted by the prior ultrasound.

Looks like we have a new due date of May 13th and a chunky baby already.

Realistically, I know the original due date is the best due date to go off of, it's more accurate. Big babies run in my family PLUS I have gestational diabetes. I just like to think that my due date is sooner and I'll just try to hold out till then because that will be 38 weeks according to the first ultrasound due date. I know there will be some amniotic fluid testing and another ultrasound in my future.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Shows what great friends we are. I just found this out. (My Ali is right here and swears she told me months ago after finding your link on the Wingets blog - that's what happens when you get old like me; you forget things!) CONGRATS! Can't wait to see pictures when she gets here. One of Ali's best friends is a girl named Rian.

Unknown said...

Wow! I should've checked your blog sooner - no idea about the GD. Did my 3-hr test this weekend and hoping to get happy results today. We'll see... But if not, at least I can get tips from you on how to deal.

K - the grams weight thing, yeah, I'm not smart and you'll have to translate how big that is. I'm just glad she's healthy and so are you!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

Basically the grams translate to 4 1/2 lbs give or take a 1/2 pound. We can easily have a 9 lbs baby!

Enrique,Mariah,Boston and Roman said...

Sorry to hear about you GD, that totally sucks. Does that run in your fam? Hopefully she will come sooner than later but I think your smart in focusing on your original date so you won't me dissapointed if you go over the new one. I forgot that big babies run in your fam. I hope that for your first she isn't bigger than 9lbs. You know the day I had Finnley another woman with GD gave birth and Finnley was a few ounces bigger and I didn't have GD. Isn't that crazy? Anyway I am glad things are going well even with the GD. I can't wait to see her. I am so excited for you! Love Mariah