Monday, March 8, 2010

Worry Wart

This weekend I did a big load of all the clothes Ryann has gotten so far and put them away. I have a drawer full of 0-3 months and 3-6 months. They need a some more organization, but they are at least separated by size. With all that done and the room done all I have been thinking is WHAT IF Ryann comes out a boy!?! That thought has consumed me and made me so worried, especially after taking all the tags off the clothes and washing them all...no returns there! Then Clint's mom finished Ryann's quilt and is almost done with the bumpers. This only makes the "what if" factor worse. So at work today I had to have another ultrasound, I had to put my mind to rest. Ryann cooperated perfectly. She is definitely a girl, no doubt about that. She also gave us the perfect profile picture with her beautiful full lips. I didn't get a picture though. Apparently they have a new ultrasound machine in the lab and it wouldn't let the tech print a picture or burn a CD since I wasn't registered. Oh well, I saw what I needed to see and now my mind is at ease.
Once I do have Ryann, flowers are a nice gesture but I don't think I want flowers. What I'd really like is a Dr. Pepper or Vanilla coke and chocolate chip cookies. Not that I would usually be eating and drinking these all the time but to have someone say NO you can't have them just makes me want them ALL THE TIME. I maybe had one coke to drink a week so that was not a hard thing to stop. It's just wanting what I can't have. So any friends and family who were thinking of getting me flowers, don't worry about that. A caffeinated drink and something sweet with real sugar in it will do. Flowers will still be accepted.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

You're lucky to get an ultrasound, because what you're worried about actually happened to me. And, yes, I had all the clothes washed and sorted. But, you know what? It all turned out just fine. People felt sorry for us and gave us clothes and blue blankets, etc... : )I wouldn't worry,though. I only got one ultrasound, so we never got a second look.