Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Visitor

Sunday Maggie found a new friend in the back yard. I heard her barking but was in the middle of cleaning up a dirty diaper and figured she was just barking at the neighbor dogs so I just ignored it. When I walked by the back door I saw her in her kennel barking at something. I just figured it was a piece of trash or a cat dumb enough to come into our yard. When I was done cleaning up, this was an explosion of a diaper, I went outside to quiet her down. When I pulled Maggie back I found this...Maggie had corned herself a prairie dog in her kennel. I got her inside and checked her over for any bites or scratches, there were none. Sally was scratch and bite free too. I went back outside to check on the prairie dog and it was still in the kennel trying to calm down. When Clint got home about 20 minutes later it was still there. He shut the door to the kennel and let Maggie and Sally outside to run around the kennel and bark at it. Clint had his dad bring over the pellet gun and "took care of it". Maggie has spent the last two days furiously sniffing around the backyard to find herself a new friend.

No comments: