Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rx

What a week Ryann has had. Last Sunday she woke up with her eye gooped shut. I cleaned it all up and luckily her eye wasn't red. Monday her eye was fine so I didn't worry about taking her into the doctor. Tuesday it started to goop up again so I took her in after I got off. The PA said she has a blocked tear duct and since her eye was goopy he started her on an eye drop. Nothing like having to try to open your 6 week old's eyes and put drops in them. That has cleared up but then she has been having problems pooing regular and you can tell it is bothering her stomach. So I talked with the PA at work again and he put her on a drop to help her stomach. I started that and giving her gripe water for the gas and it seemed to be helping. I like having my happy baby. Poor kid, at 6 weeks old had two prescription medications.
Ryann is becoming a lot more aware of her surroundings. She found this ceiling fan this past week. It's funny to watch her stare at it and try to keep looking at it as I move her around. She loves that fan...and the TV when I am changing her diaper. She did the cutest thing Sunday while Clint was holding her. She was smiling and then he touched her nose and she coo-ed at him and got the biggest open mouth grin. She liked her daddy playing with her.
Maggie's weekly toll for Ryann's things she has chewed: one sock, two pacifiers, and two nipples to her bottles. I was okay with the sock and pacifiers, I just let them go, but the nipples made me mad. I had them on the kitchen counter drying before I went to bed. In the middle of the night I heard her chewing on something. I go to get it from her and it's a bottle nipple! She had gone in the kitchen and stole them off the counter. I have yet to find the second nipple and all that is left of one of the pacifiers she chewed up is the loop on the back. I think we might have some baby jealousy going on.
This kid always has her tongue going


Ryann and mommy (in her scrubs)
Getting ready for bath time
Getting clean
Sad face. The lotion is cold!
Staring at her mobile in her swing
Maggie and her baby. She maybe jealous, but she still loves her.
Watching TV

2 comments:

Kandice said...

Poor thing. She probably got the Stewart tear duct problem. Kris and I both had to have tear duct reconstruction. Hallie and Gavin were on drops for years. Then Kayler has incorrect anatomy of his ducts. He had surgery to clean them out and hasn't had a problem.
She's growing big! I love when they smile and interact!

Ang said...

Poor little girl! Whitney has a sensitive stomach too. I was giving her those gas drops then a pharmacist recommended giving her a low dose of Mylanta and it has helped a ton. Ryann looked adorable in her blessing dress also! I need your # so I can call when we visit sometime this summer.