Sunday, June 13, 2010

One Month Old

Ryann is one month old. That went by way too fast! I took her into work on Friday to get her measurements. This kid is growing!
10 lb 2 oz
21 inches
She put on just about a pound since her two week check up. Ryann is still a good baby. She still only wakes me up two times a night and has even slept through the night twice! She has her fussy moments but they are during the day and usually don't last long. This week she has really been holding up her head longer and with a lot more control. When I lay her on her belly she can even lift up her head and lay it on the other side. Yesterday I laid her down and she started to make new noises, ones that went beyond her normal grunts, groans, and coo-ing. She is staying awake between at least one feeding a day and is slowing starting to be okay with not having to be held that whole time she is awake. She is still a cuddly baby and I am not ready to lose that.
Sally and Maggie have adjusted to having Ryann around. When I walk in the house they have to give the car seat a sniff and see that she is in there. When she fusses they both will go over to her and lick her head. Sally has had a couple more "diaper incidents", I have to walk the diapers right to the trash can otherwise I get busy and she gets them. Maggie has found something else to "eat". I caught her chewing on the arm of one of Ryann's pajamas. What will this dog think of to eat next...oh I know, the frog faucet cover in the bathroom and Ryann's slipper.
I go back to work Thursday. I've been giving Ryann a bottle a day to get her used to them. She only needs a little convincing to take them. I'm surprised at how well she takes them, I didn't think it would be that easy. Now just to get me okay with not being around my sweet baby girl all day.

Clint and I went swimming with his cousin and her 4 kids. Ryann didn't get wet but she still had to wear her swimsuit.
Sucking her thumb
Ryann with her mittens on...the other pair that Maggie didn't eat.Shower gift

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh!!! She really is so chubby and precious. I already love her :)

The Smiths said...

Absolutely adorable. What a cute little cubby bundle.

Ang said...

She is so precious! I love that shirt with the saying...so dang true!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! So glad she's being a good baby for you!

Lindsey said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations :)