Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pictures, Diapers, and Mittens

Thank you Mindy so much for doing Ryann's newborn pictures! I love them! Ryann fussed through almost her whole session. Poor kid didn't like being undressed.
Ryann is still being a good baby. She has started staying awake most of the morning but still only wakes me up 1-2 times a night. Last night I went to bed after feeding her around 11 and she didn't get up again to eat until 5:30, I'm considering that sleeping through the night. When I put her to bed the swaddling is over with. She HATES her arms being confined. She has to have them free to flop around and likes them best up by her head. The other day I laid her down on the couch and walked into the kitchen. She started to fuss and get really mad. I walked back in the living room to find that her arm was trapped between the arm of the couch and her body and she couldn't move it. I pulled her arm back up and she was a happy baby again.
Sally has found a new favorite treat...DIAPERS! I have tried to be really good about throwing away the diapers right away so that the dogs don't get them. They have sniffed them but haven't showed any interest in them. Well I changed a diaper and didn't get it in the trash right away. I went and got ready for the day and when I walked back up front Sally was happily eating the dirty diaper. Yum Yum. Maggie has left the diapers alone but she found something else to eat. That same day as the diaper she threw up. I went to clean it up and figure out what she had eaten. Well, she had eaten one of Ryann's mittens that I put on her at night to keep her hands warm. I have yet to find the other mitten.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You're welcome! Ryann is sooo sweet and cuddly... I just love her. Thanks for letting me be "special" and hold her at church today. Tell Clint I'm sorry for giving him a hard time sometimes... he's a good guy. ;)

melissa said...

Gross-Sandie loved diapers to and it disgusted me! Maverick doesn't even sniff them. My dr. with Lindsey told me that newborn crying picks up at 3 weeks till 3 months and peaks somewhere in the middle and I've found that to be true-with Lindsey, who screamed, and Justin, I barely noticed it but just a little. Glad things are going well. The pics ARE beautiful!