Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smiles


Last Friday Ryann looked up at me and coo-ed and smiled. Earlier in the week she had been looking at me and smiling but it would usually be followed by passing gas from one end or the other. When she smiled at me Friday it was different but I was thinking, did she smile at me or was it gas. Then she did it again Saturday, so Friday I am officially calling it her first smile. The above picture is my attempt to get a picture of her smiling. She smiles when she wants to smile so getting a picture of it is hard right now. She has the cutest smile, I love to see it.Ryann all ready for church. I learned how to make the kind of flower she has on her headband.


I went back to work on Thursday. I like my job and the change of pace is a welcome one. I have come to understand what people mean when they say that working makes them a better parent. I appreciate all my time I get with her so much more and I get to reset my patience level. When work is over I can't get to the sitter fast enough, I love being a mom.
Ryann is still only waking up 1-2 times a night. She is waking up only once a night more and more and has now slept through the night 3 times. She's a good baby. She did have her first melt down last night, but to have made it to 6 weeks old without a melt down is pretty good. She has really started to look around. I catch her laying in her crib looking at her bumper. That's a busy fabric so there is lots to see. She loves her mobile and the music it plays. When I change her in front of the TV she turns and looks at it. She does like her pacifier. About half the time I lay her down to sleep she needs to have it to soothe herself. When she does get upset she gets her hand up to her mouth and sucks on her fingers. She is growing and changing so fast but she still loves to cuddle.
As for me, I have a church calling now. I am the Young Women's secretary. I actually am excited for the calling. I think it will be a fun one. I guess time will tell.

3 comments:

Kandice said...

She is so cute. I got to snuggle her for a tiny bit yesterday when Emily had her. I am glad you are enjoying work and good luck with your new calling!

Unknown said...

Little cutie! Thanks for the announcement we got in the mail!

melissa said...

What a doll and what a darling flower!! Being in the YW will be great, I'm sure!