Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Food

Ryann is a self feeder. If I try to feed her then she clamps her mouth shut. If I want to feed her with a spoon then I have to put the food on the spoon and then give her the spoon so she can put it in her mouth herself. I have also started giving her a fork and showing her how to stab her food. I just love watching her try new things. She is so observant and will try to copy what others are doing.
Ryann using a spoon to eat her yogurt. She would dip the handle in the yogurt and lick it off. After a couple times of that, she just used her hands. She covered her whole face and both her arms in the yogurt.



Eating shaved ice. She starts with picking it up with just her thumb and index finger. Then she just licks it.
Licking a pretzel goldfish off the table.

I took my Mia Maids to Farr's for an activity and of course Ryann came too. I put my ice cream down and Ryann was instantly putting her fingers in it to try it. Then when I gave her a spoon she was using that to eat my ice cream. I just let her have at it and get messy. I thought I had it all cleaned off of her till we got in the car and she lifted her leg. She even had ice cream on the back side of her leg!

No comments: