Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bluebell and Washington

This should be the last of the pictures. This is what happens when you only see your family about once a year. I took almost 200 pictures in one week. Don't think I was slacking with pictures of McKay and Jackson though, I had at least 150 from their visit. I'm a proud aunt, I love my niece and nephews.
We went to the Bluebell Factory. Me in front of their first refrigerated truck.

Lindsey was so excited to go to the ice cream factory. On the tour we were watching the ice cream being put into containers and Nathan was holding Lindsey up to see. She chanted for like 10 minutes, "I love ice cream, I love ice cream." I was really tempted to pull out my camera and record it, but no cameras on the tour. Lindsey got a scoop of ice cream before the tour. We knew she wouldn't make it when she was already chanting ice cream waiting for our tour turn. That's what grandma's, uncles, and aunts are best at...spoiling and then sending home the kids on a sugar high.

After Bluebell we went to Washington on the Brazos. They had a working ranch with hands on activities and dress from back in the 1800s. Lindsey had fun playing dress up.

Grandma found her a wooden horse to ride.

Washing the towels.

Sweeping out the slave home.
Lindsey loves her Uncle Nathan. She was close to a melt down when he went to look at another exhibit without her.

Every time we left my parent's neighborhood we passed this sign. I laughed every time I saw it so I had to get a picture.
Good old Solomon, he's still kicking!

No comments: