Monday, July 6, 2009

Sally

I usually only have funny Maggie stories but Sally has done something blog-worthy. Clint and Maggie went camping with his brother, dad, and nephew so it was just me and Sally at home. I let Sally out in the backyard before bed and she just stood there looking and waiting for Maggie. The next morning I opened the front door and I thought she was just outside sniffing. I go outside a minute later to find her running beside our neighbor's work truck as he backed it up to park. She was acting just like she does when Clint gets home from work. I had a hard time convincing her to come back to me because she really wanted Clint and she thought that was Clint.
Sally is not a fan of fireworks, she runs and hides. This Fourth of July, before it was dark, Clint and I ran to the store and put both dogs outside. We came home to find that Sally had poop on the stairs by the back door, under the table on the patio and on the table. She definitely had the poop scared out of her by the fireworks the neighbors were lighting off. The rest of the night she spent glued to Clint's side or hiding under the blanket with me. Maggie was completely unfazed and happy just to have a spot on the couch between me and Clint.

No comments: