Thursday, April 9, 2009

April Fools

I know I'm really dishing out the post right now, but I'm putting off all my phone calls I have to make for work, plus I actually have something to post right now. I played, what I believe to be, one of the best April Fools joke. I wasn't even planning on doing anything to my boss, but the perfect idea came to me when I got through with my lunch. I've determined that the only reason I could think of such a joke is because I grew up with four brothers and have become a nurse. I went back to our lab and had a small vial of my bood drawn. While my boss was doing notes in his office, I got myself prepared. I put a some blood under my nose, like it was coming out, and some in my hand. I then walked to his office and fake tripped through the door.
Dr. Olsen: "Are you okay?"
Nicole: look at my bloody hand, "I think I need a Kleenex."
Dr. Olsen: "Yeah you do. What happened."
Nicole: "I guess I tripped on myself....or just had a vial of blood drawn."
Dr. Olsen went and sat at his desk, but when I walked back in there he laughed at me and told me that was "yucky", he's got 3 kids under the age of 8.
I had a little bit left and then decided to get our head nurse, Peggy. It was the end of the day and there were about 4 other people besides Peggy standing around. I got myself all done up again and made the best fake trip infront of her desk.
Peggy jumps up, "Can I get some help here? Lets get her into this room."
Peggy picks me up and starts moving into one of our exam rooms and I just start laughing. She was mostly upset because no on else jumped up to help me, but they all knew what was going on. Peggy was quite impressed that I was able to get her so good, and after a few days she wasn't so mad at me anymore.
I did end up with a scrapped elbow and a bruised knee from my fake tripping, but it was worth it. I would have taken double that for the reaction. Word has spread of my joke and people who don't work with me even know about what I did. So beware of nurses who grow up with only brothers...we develop an odd sense of humor.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was hilarious and a great idea! Wish I could've seen it. I would've totally fallen for it.