Monday, April 27, 2009

Laugh till you cry

I love my dogs. There are plenty of times I can just watch them and stay entertained. This weekend Maggie had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. The other day Clint and I jumped over our back fence to go see our neighbor, plus they were putting up a trampoline. Clint tossed Sally over, poor thing the grass was taller than her so she was lost until Lexi (our neighbor's 7yr old daughter) started calling her and rescued her from the forest. Then Clint jumps over and so I pick up Maggie and get her to the top of the fence and she jumps down. Well apparently when Clint and I left one time Maggie figured out that if she stood in the flower pots she could put her head and front paws over the top of the fence just enough to see what was going on behind the house, Lexi caught her doing this. We have since moved the pots away from the fence but now we are just hoping she doesn't figure out she can jump on the shed roof and jump over the fence that way.
Clint is going to build us a larger shed, 12 ft by 16ft. We went to Lowe's to check out supplies and and had the dogs with us. Sally stayed in the cab of the truck and Maggie got hooked onto her leash in the bed of the truck. We came back out to the truck just a few minutes later to find Maggie had jumped out of the truck, of course not on the side where the leash is long enough for her to touch the ground though. She had her back paws on the ground but had to stretch in order to get her front paws on the ground. She was giving herself a good neck stretch but it was so funny. She was quite hesitant to get back in the bed of the truck but at least she has now learned her lesson not to jump out.
On Sunday Clint and I rode our bikes to the care center to visit his grandma. I had Sally in a backpack and Clint put Maggie on a leash. Well apparently at one point Maggie ran on one side of the fence while Clint was headed for the other. Luckily he dropped the leash. Then he called for her to come to him and she did...she just was on the other side of the fence and just stared at him. Then on the way home I rode in front and Maggie just ran after me so that Clint just coasted the whole way home. That dog loves to run. I could hear her panting behind me and would speed up so that she didn't get tangled up with me. When we got to our street I turned down it and happened to look back. Maggie and Clint were far enough behind that Maggie decided she needed to take the short cut and cut across the lawn. I could see what she was about to do and Clint did too so he rode out into the middle of the street to keep her from pulling him over the curb. That gave me a good laugh.
Maggie has also learned how to open the back door to let herself inside if we don't lock it. I'll get some video of Maggie opening the door. She gets her paw very perfectly on the knob and pushes it down. Maggie also turned on the faucet in the back too. We came home to a mini flood in our backyard. We went and got a faucet cover and not just the foam one cause we knew that would be a goner in two seconds, but we spent a couple extra bucks and got a hard plastic one. Well that lasted a day and I found it ripped to shreds all over the backyard. I'm sure she ate some of it too. We'll have to do some internet searching for dog proof faucet covers, cause that is not something we can find here in a store, at least not Maggie proof ones. Any suggestions or ideas, I will gladly take them.
Here are some more random pictures. That rooster just lives in the yard at Clint's work. He makes angry noises when ever you get too close, I'm not a huge fan of him but I do think it is funny that his work has a rooster. Then, those are my new shoes a got a few weeks ago. I like them cause they have green and blue monkeys on them. They were 40% off, otherwise I would not have liked them that much, but I liked them enough to get them for 40% off.



Then that first picture is Sally with her old "boyfriend". She loved that dang wiener dog, it sang "Hot Stuff" and it's tail had a bell on it and it wiggled it ears and tail when it sang. It's was an after Valentine's Day sale item. Sally has an odd liking for humping stuffed animals. Well, it's might just be that she is scratching her lower belly, but it sure looks like humping. She dragged that dang wiener dog all around the house with her, I think it has been her favorite thing so far. Too bad Maggie finally got the better of it and ripped it to pieces.
Crazy dogs.

No comments: