Monday, April 20, 2009

Day Off

My boss is spending the week in Hawaii with his wife, as a graduation present for her finishing Nurse Practitioner school. Since he is gone that means I don't work except whatever shifts I can get covering for people. Well, today I did not have to work. I got the house cleaned, loads of laundry done, went to lunch with Clint's parents and aunt and uncle, visited grandma in the care center, cleaned my car, and bathed the dogs. I had a pretty productive day. While cleaning my car I found the clippers that Clint's mom had bought to shave their cat, when it was still alive. Clint had found them laying around their house and decided we needed them at our house. They got as far as getting placed in my car and have been there for over a month now. I have never had much desire to groom Sally because even when I just brush her she acts like I am breaking her legs. We've had her for two years and I have bathed and brushed her every week and she just gets worse. I always make sure I tip the groomer good. It seriously took two people to hold her down once just to clip her nails. Anyways, for whatever reason I decided to take the clippers and shave her lower belly. She will not let me brush her underside so I like how the groomer just shaves her lower belly bald. I attempted to do that and then suddenly got the crazy idea that I would groom her myself. Well, I did it and after giving her about 5 treats she will finally come to me and not run away mad. It took forever cause she is so wiggly and just horrible. Will I ever do it again...I seriously think it is worth the $40 to pay someone to do it. Do I regret doing it...well she does not look too bad, so I can live with my choice.



There is an after picture of Sally and a picture of my trash can with all the fur I vacuumed up. It's enough to make a little Sally puppy. I don't think I'm going to be changing careers anytime soon. I'll stick with people and just loving my pets. Someone else can torture them next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Poor Sally. But you're a good mom for trying to do it yourself!